My sweet tooth has been out of control these last few days. It may or may not have something to do with the Fourth of July cupcakes that we made a few days ago but I’ve decided to embrace it! How do you ask? Well, by making some brookies (brownie + chocolate chip cookies). So without further ado, here’s how I made my super simple White Chocolate Drizzled Brookie Cupcakes.
Ingredients I Used (Serves 12):
- Cookie mix or cookie dough. I used Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix.
- Your choice of Oreos. I went for the Golden variety.
- Your choice of brownie mix. I used Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie
- Extras: Tollhouse Premier White Morsels, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- I preheated the oven to 350° F and followed the directions for the Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix. Once I was done, I placed a few spoonfuls at the bottom of each cupcake liner, making sure to only place a thin layer.
- I placed each Oreo in the center of each cupcake liner.
- Next, I mixed the Duncan Hines Chewy Fudge Brownie according to the instructions and covered each Oreo cookie with a thin layer of brownie mix. I also added some extra chocolate chip cookies. (Go big or go home right?) Make sure not to overfill the cupcake liner or everything will spill out while it’s baking.
- Finally, I placed the cupcake tin in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. There was some left over mix so I made a cake with the left over ingredients. This might affect your bake time; I had to leave the cake in for a little bit longer to cook through.
- I made the white chocolate drizzle by melting some Tollhouse Premier White Morsels in a small pot on low heat on the stove top. You should let the cupcakes cool before adding the white chocolate, but I was impatient and went ahead and drizzled while they were still hot. They turned out great if I do say so myself!